Sunday, March 24, 2013

Show Excursions for This Week

Here's what I'll be watching ... care to join me?

MONDAY, MARCH 25

 

I saw a clip from this week's episode and I laughed my butt off:  McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin), Danny (Scott Caan), Max (Masi Oka) and Kamekona (Taylor Wily) are flying in a helicopter when Max starts singing the Magnum P.I. theme song and soon all are joining in.  For fans of that classic detective show from the 80s, it also took place in Hawaii and featured many shots of a chopper flying along the coastline to the kick-ass theme.  Nice nostalgic nod, H50!  Hawaii Five-0 airs ay 10 p.m. on CBS.


TUESDAY, MARCH 26

 

I haven't enjoyed this show as much as the CW's America's Next Top Model (though this does have ANTM veteran Nigel Barker hosting), but it's been mildly entertaining.  I couldn't name a single contestant and I don't think any of the finalists - from which the winner is chosen tonight - are someone you'll be seeing in the modeling long-run.  Mostly the show is worth watching just to see if Naomi Campbell will blow a gasket or abide by her anger management training.  She has come pretty damn close to losing her s**t several times throughout the competition.  If her girl(s) lose tonight, WWND?  The Face season finale airs at 9 p.m. on Oxygen.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27
 
 

On tonight's Supernatural, the Winchesters (Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles) encounter a group of lethal teen orphans who are being trained at a secret school-for-hunters.  One of the teens is someone the boys have encountered before:  Krissy (Madeline McLaughlin), who was last scene in the season 7 episode "Adventures in Babysitting).  I'm interested to see how her character has progressed.  Supernatural airs at 9 p.m. on the CW.

SUNDAY, MARCH 31


 

Why am I watching tonight's episode?  Uh, cause it's The Walking Dead!  And it's the season finale.  And there are zombies!  And did I mention it's The friggin' Walking Dead??  The Walking Dead season finale airs at 9 p.m. on AMC.


 

I HATE that I gave up my HBO recently - it was a budgetary sacrifice - because there is nothing I'm anticipating more than the return of this phenomenal series.  It took a few episodes in the beginning to get all the characters straight in my head but now that I have them, there are my clear favorites:  Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), a.k.a. Khaleesi, and her dragons; Tyrion (Peter Dinklage), the cunning dwarf heir; and Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), the despicable, laothsome boy king who you just relish to despise.  I WILL find a way to watch this thrilling, gripping stunning series ... I bet my Iron Throne on it!  If you have the means, DO!  Game of Thrones returns at 9 p.m. on HBO.






No comments:

Post a Comment