Saturday, June 22, 2013

Surprise Discovery ... My Cat From Hell

Tonight, despite there being so many different programs to watch, I found myself seriously channel-surfing, not really settling on anything.  A lot of movies I've seen many times over were on and I wasn't in the mood for any of them.  Some nets, like ABC, are airing remaining episodes of TV shows they've cancelled and I therefore abandoned. 

But, as has happened before, I stopped on a show I had heard about slightly and maybe chuckled at because if the name, but has ended up being a very engaging little gem to watch (it's how I discovered Storage Wars).  May I present:

 

This Animal Planet show follows musician-by-night, cat-behaviorist-by-day Jackson Galaxy, a bald, goateed, tattooed, pierced cat whisperer who literally helps worked miracles with owners of seriously troubled cats.

I have been a victim of other people's cats and I can tell you, it ain't fun.  I really felt for the people featured as I watched them be attacked, hissed at, struck, scratched, bitten and basically terrorized by their feline foes.  Jackson comes in, interviews the people and watches the interaction issues first hand.  Then he explains what's going on with the cat and assigns homework to be done over the next couple of weeks, which the people videotape for him to watch on his next visit.



At that next visit, you can see first-hand the progress being made, improvements in relationships and control and better moods and dispositions both in owners and cat.  Then Jackson addresses additional or continuing problems if they exist and again assigns homework for the next steps. 

By his last visit, you see a complete 180 in the home and in the cat.  It's really something to watch, and Jackson really knows his stuff!

I can't say I could binge-watched countless hours of My Cat From Hell, but for the few episodes I watched tonight  I was really engaged, I laughed, empathized and thoroughly enjoyed the show and will definitely watch it again.

Catch new episodes of My Cat From Hell Saturdays at 8 p.m. and repeats throughout the weekend on Animal Planet.




No comments:

Post a Comment