Sunday, January 19, 2014

SAG Awards - The After Party


Almost the next best thing to being there for fun!

I got to work the SAG after party last night in a beautiful tented gala staged behind the Shrine Auditorium.  It was a hell of a party with great food, music and lots of dancing.  Even though I was on duty, I was actually assigned an awesome position that allowed me the freedom to people - and star watch.  And because it was at a buffet station, it meant people would potentially come to me.

Now, the VIPs had servers that retrieved food on their behalf, so they pretty much stayed in the VIP area in the far end of the tent, so while I heard about guests that attended, including Oprah, Morgan Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch, I did not get to see them. 

What was cool, though, was that every star I did see works on television ... how perfect for the TV Tour Guide, right?

 

My best sightings were the ones that catered to my geek side.  There was the Whedon Three:  Clark Gregg - agent Coulson himself from ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (top); J. August Richards - Gunn from Angel and now from S.H.I.E.L.D (who I actually talked to a little); and Morena Baccarin - Inara from Firefly (and more recently Showtime's Homeland).

I saw Jonathan Banks - aka Mike from AMC's Breaking Bad and who is now on NBC's Community.


Mandy Patinkin from Homeland.


The stunning and very pregnant Kerry Washington from ABC's Scandal. (this dress looked amazing in person)


Will Arnett from CBS' The Millers. (first person I recognized).


Ron Perlman from FX's Sons of Anarchy.


Mindy Kaling from FOX's The Mindy Project.


And Johnny Galecki from CBS' The Big Bang Theory.


There was also a woman there that two years ago was working as a server for Wolfgang Puck, now was attending the Awards as an official guest.  Sounds like my kinda story!

Ultimately, even though I was on the worker side, I did get to enjoy the party pretty well.  And hopefully I absorbed some star power!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that you got to see Morena Baccarin! She is so beautiful. I have only seen her one time at a comic book convention. Ron Pearlman is another awesome one to have seen. He is so funny! I heard him speak at a comic convention and he was extremely funny.

    ReplyDelete